Southern Hospitality Training Services of Virginia, LLC
The National Restaurant Association’s ServSafe Food Safety training program is widely recognized and respected in the foodservice industry. Here’s why.
- Uses quality materials and exams created by foodservice and regulatory experts exclusively for the foodservice industry
- Reinvests proceeds from programs back into the industry
- Accepted in all 50 states, making it ideal for single and multi-unit operations
- A single source, one-stop show for both food safety training and the certification examination
- Delivers up-to-date regulatory information
- Provides support from foodservice subject matter experts available to answer questions
- Offers flexible online, classroom, in-unit and one-on-one training and examination options
Where can we take the ServSafe Class and Exam?
Southern Hospitality Training Services of Virginia offers classes around the state. You can always check our ServSafe Calendar to see what is available. We are constantly updating the calendar so please check back or contact us.
How long is the ServSafe Class and Exam?
Southern Hospitality Training Services of Virginia offers a one (1) day eight (8) hour class with exam.
Do I need to take the ServSafe Class in order to take the Exam?
No. If you feel that you are ready to take the exam you are more than welcome to take it. Just remember the ServSafe Exam must be given by a ServSafe Certified Proctor.
What score do I need to receive to pass the ServSafe Exam.
A passing score is 75% or higher. This is obtained by answering at least 60 out of 80 questions correctly. The exam has 90 questions; however there are 10 pilot questions that are for research purposes only.
How do I re-test if I don’t pass the certification exam?
An examinee may take the examination twice within a thirty day period, if necessary. If a third attempt is required, the examinee must wait at least sixty days from their last attempt.
How long do I have to take the ServSafe Exam?
You have two (2) hours to take the ServSafe Exam.
How much does the ServSafe Class and Exam Cost?
With Southern Hospitality Training Services of Virginia you don’t need to be a member of the State Restaurant Association to get the best price around. There are no member and non-member prices. The price is $135.00 per person which includes shipping.
If you need to just take the exam the price is $75.00 per person.
What is included in my registration?
When you register for a ServSafe Class and Exam you will receive the ServSafe book with exam answer sheet and a letter explaining the class and where the class will be held.
If you register for just the ServSafe Exam you will have a ServSafe answer sheet waiting for you at the testing location.
How long does it take to get my ServSafe Exam test results and ServSafe Certificate?
Once your ServSafe Class and Exam is done the instructor will mail the finished exams to the National Restaurant Association for grading. You should be able to check your score 10 business days after the class.
To access your score/certificate directly from the website, you will need to do the following if you don’t already have an account with ServSafe.com:
- Provide a unique email address on your answer sheet. This is how ServSafe.com will let you know your score/certificate is available, and it provides the most reliable connection to your Exam Record.
- If you are creating a New Profile on ServSafe.com, you will need your Exam Session Number. Your Proctor will provide this number.When creating a New Profile, enter the same information you are entering on your Answer Sheet.
If you don’t receive an email from ServSafe.com stating that your exam score and/or certificate is available 10 business days after your ServSafe Class, please go to ServSafe.com and select “Score/Check My Scores” on the top right of the page. Enter your User ID and Password for the website.
Southern Hospitality Training Services of Virginia and ServSafe doesn’t send out the printed ServSafe certificate.
If you prefer to have a physical copy of your ServSafe certificate sent in the mail, you may do so for an additional fee.